Dr Mark Lee is an experienced Specialist Plastic Surgeon based in Perth, Western Australia, with over 19 years of practice. He is a partner in the Enhance Plastic Surgical Group, located in Subiaco, and also serves the rural and regional community in Albany on the South Coast. Dr Lee holds the position of President of the Western Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons and serves as the Editor in Chief of the Australasian Journal of Plastic Surgery (AJOPS).
Dr. Lee specializes in a wide range of cosmetic and reconstructive procedures, including breast augmentation, tummy tucks, facelifts, body lifts, blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery), and rhinoplasty. He also offers various nonsurgical treatments, such as dermal fillers, Botox, chemical peels, scalp therapy, and laser skin resurfacing.
After completing medical school at the University of Western Australia in 1993, Dr Lee underwent internship and residency at Royal Perth Hospital, gaining experience in General, Orthopaedic, and Cardiac Surgery. He then pursued a five-year Fellowship Training in Plastic Surgery at Royal Perth Hospital, Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital, and Princess Margaret Hospital for Children. Dr Lee further enhanced his skills through a fellowship in Microsurgery, Head and Neck Surgery, and Cleft Lip and Palate Surgery at the Radcliffe Infirmary in Oxford, UK. During his time in Oxford, he also taught medical students anatomy at Trinity College, University of Oxford.
Dr. Lee is fellowship certified (Board Certified) by the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery). He is an active member of the Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), the Australasian Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS), and the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (ISAPS).
In addition to his clinical work, Dr. Lee is dedicated to educating future generations of plastic surgeons. He frequently speaks at conferences and has authored numerous papers in the field of plastic surgery. His contributions have been recognized with Best Paper Awards in 2015 and 2021. Dr Lee has also presented papers at international and Australian meetings and contributed a book chapter to the Oxford Textbook of Plastic Surgery.
Dr. Lee's commitment to helping those in need extends beyond his practice. He has organized and led multiple surgical missions to developing countries, providing surgical treatment for congenital malformations in children who lack access to such procedures. Some of the countries he has served include Tonga, The Solomon Islands, the Philippines, Tanzania, Cambodia, China, Jordan, Morocco, and most recently, India.
For six years, Dr. Lee served as an elected councillor on the governing board of the Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons, including a role as treasurer of the society. During his time on the board, he founded The Australasian Journal of Plastic Surgery and continues to serve as its Editor in Chief.
Dr. Lee is frequently sought after by the media for his expertise and insights into the field of plastic surgery. He has made numerous appearances on radio and podcasts and has contributed to articles on Plastic Surgery in The West Australian newspaper.
To schedule a consultation with Dr Lee, you can visit his practice in Subiaco or at The Great Southern Specialist Center in Albany.
- Undergraduate Education: University of Western Australia: Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery 1993
- Postgraduate Education: Plastic Surgery Training: Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery) 2002
- Internship: Royal Perth Hospital, Perth, Australia
- Residency: Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Royal Perth Hospital, Perth, Australia
- Fellowship: Microsurgical, Head and Neck Reconstruction, Cleft Lip and Palate Surgery Radcliffe Infirmary, Oxford UK 2003
- Board-certified by the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons - Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS)
- St John of God Subiaco Hospital, Subiaco Western AustraliaBethesda Hospital, Claremont, Western AustraliaAlbany Health Campus, Albany, Western Australia
- Royal Perth Hospital Clinical Association Prize for Medicine 1991
- College of Surgeons Prize for Best Research Paper (Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons; Registrars Conference Brisbane 2000)
- RACS Bronze Medal for Outstanding Service (Scientific Convenor RACS Annual Scientific Meeting 2010)
- PRS Global Open Best Paper Award 2015 (Awarded Boston 2015:Plastic Surgery The Meeting)
- PRS Global Best Paper Award 2021 (Awarded Atlanta 2021: Plastic Surgery The Meeting)